Though the healthcare industry faces legislative uncertainty, it continues to adapt to increasing consumer demands (out of necessity). Healthcare IT innovation has been instrumental to increasing patient access, making health information more easily shareable, and improving the overall quality of care.
We work with many innovative companies in the healthcare IT space, and therefore, are intimately familiar with the journalists who cover the industry. Below is our list of the top healthcare IT reporters that we believe have their finger on the pulse of technology’s role in transforming healthcare:
- Alex Ruoff, Bloomberg BNA, @Alexruoff: Alex writes for Bloomberg BNA’s Health IT Law and Industry Report and primarily covers the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT and IT-related programs of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Rachel Arndt, Modern Healthcare, @rachelzarndt: Rachel is relatively new to Modern Healthcare (as of February 2017) and is the successor to the publication’s veteran health IT reporter, Joe Conn. Her work has appeared in various media outlets such as Popular Mechanics and Quartz.
- Joseph Goedert, Health Data Management: A veteran in Health IT for 25 years, Joe takes the lead role in generating news for the trade pub’s website. He specializes in policy and regulation reporting. Check out his recent articles here.
- Jessica Kim Cohen, Becker’s Hospital Review, @JessicaKimCohen: Based in Chicago, Jessica is the senior health IT writer for Becker’s, where she covers AI, data science, and digital health.
- Meg Bryant, Healthcare Dive, @pharmaMeg: Meg is a contributor for Healthcare Dive and is the editor-in-chief for FDAnews. She has experience covering pharma, medtech industries, and international regulation.
- Tom Sullivan, Healthcare IT News, @SullyHIT: Tom is the editor-in-chief of Healthcare IT News, where he writes the Pulse column and covers major HIT topics.
- Sara Heath, Patient Engagement HIT, @_stuffsarasays: As an editor at Xtelligent Media and a recent college grad based in Boston, she caters to a millennial audience and writes on trending topics.
- Dan Munro, Forbes, @danmunro: Dan writes about the intersection of healthcare innovation and policy. He started as a contributor for Forbes in 2011 and recently released a book, Casino Healthcare.
- Arthur Allen, Politico, @ArthurAllen202: Arthur is the eHealth editor for Politico, managing their must-read daily newsletter, Morning eHealth, which provides major healthcare IT policy updates.
- Eric Wicklund, mHealthIntelligence, @eriwick: With over 20 years of experience in the newspaper industry, Eric is currently the editor of mHealthIntelligence.com, which provides the latest news in mobile health (mHealth).
- Jonah Comstock, MobiHealthNews, @JonahComstock: Jonah is the editor of MobiHealthNews, a publication that identifies and contextualizes emerging trends in digital health.
- Alex Kacik, Modern Healthcare, @alex_kacik: Alex Kacik is the hospital operations reporter for Modern Healthcare in Chicago. Aside from hospital operations, he covers supply chain, legal and finance.
Think we left someone off the list? Tweet us at @RHStrategic with the hashtag #RHetoricBlog. And if you missed it, check out our recent post on blockchain, including some potential applications for it in the healthcare industry.
RH Strategic is the PR firm for a hyper-connected world, delivering integrated traditional, digital & social media strategies for technology, healthcare, and public sector markets.