RH Strategic is seeking a media strategist to join its Washington, D.C. team.
For those with an advanced understanding of the interplay between key D.C.- based media and legislative/regulatory decision-making, this is an exciting opportunity to make an impact through brand storytelling. Serious candidates will have a track record of media strategy success, and an informed understanding of how media drives business leaders and policy makers into action.
RH Strategic is a well-established public relations agency with a robust and stellar client portfolio, and a 15-year brand presence with cybersecurity, privacy and cloud innovators. Our clients are Fortune 500 brands and well-funded start-ups with an exciting vision for our future. They are innovators in cybersecurity, telecommunications, healthcare, life sciences, and more. Our team of more than 40 communications pros nationwide connects these innovators with opportunities to showcase their thought leadership, build their brands, and advocate for their issues.
As Media Strategist with RH Strategic, you will:
- Leverage your expert knowledge of the media landscape inside D.C. and out, and build relationships with high-value and influential reporters and outlets.
- Transform client priorities and long-term objectives into strategic-and campaign-level action.
- Collaborate and counsel clients on media strategy for long-term campaigns and immediate opportunities.
- 5-7 years of PR and/or public affairs engagement and strategy experience.
- Able to devise public relations strategies to support program objectives, confidently present to clients, and convert into campaign-level action.
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail for an agency setting with the ability to produce and/or provide strategy recommendations on public relations content including messaging, policy updates, OpEds, speeches, briefing documents; as well as media relations content including press releases and media pitches.
- Experience counseling clients on media strategy such as preparing for interviews, talking points, and responding to a crisis.
- Must have experience working in the PR agency setting.
- Experience communicating on behalf of technology innovators and experts.
- Experience coaching and mentoring teams.
- Exposure to managing and monitoring the health of projects within scope.
- Experience in digital, paid, content, social, analytics.
Ready to start the conversation? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
RH Strategic is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We will not be able to respond to every submission. No calls, recruiters, or offers for contract work, please.