RH Strategic is seeking a Policy Associate/Sr. Associate to join its Washington, D.C. team.
This is a rewarding opportunity to guide policy strategy for public sector and public relations and affairs programs, for someone who understands how to navigate the rapidly shifting policy landscape. Serious candidates will also have experience and success translating policy for media, executives, clients, or other key audiences and proactively advising clients on strategies related to their and policy objectives.
RH Strategic is a well-established public relations agency with a robust and stellar client portfolio, and a 15-year brand presence. Our clients are Fortune 500 brands and well-funded start-ups with an exciting vision for our future. They are innovators in cybersecurity, telecommunications, healthcare, life sciences, and more. Our team of more than 40 communications pros nationwide connects these innovators with opportunities to showcase their thought leadership, build their brands, and advocate for their issues.
As Policy Associate/Sr, Associate with RH Strategic, you will:
- Guide policy strategy for award-winning clients and engaging public relations/public affairs programs.
- Proactively advise clients and counsel account teams on strategic recommendations related to public affairs and policy objectives.
- Build on RH Strategic’s exciting portfolio of innovative companies seeking a D.C. presence.
- Monitor and provide insights on legislation, particularly in the tech/cybersecurity arena. Sample legislation currently includes: FY 23 NDAA, Cyber Diplomacy, CISA Announcements, CHIPS Act implementations, Cyber Response and Recovery Act, etc.
- 3-7 years of policy and/or public affairs engagement and strategy experience.
- Experience translating complex policy directives into digestible, media and client friendly language.
- Ability to monitor, track, and analyze proposed policy as it moves through the legislative process.
- Experience with Hill operations, and the ability to consult on timing for inclusion/involvement in activities.
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail with the ability to produce and/or provide informed policy-based strategy recommendations on content including messaging, policy updates, OpEds, speeches, briefing documents; as well as media relations content including press releases and media pitches.
- Experience counseling clients or third parties on policy, such as preparing for interviews, talking points, Hill testimonies.
- Knowledge of policy related events/activities at think tanks, associations, and other DC based organizations.
- Experience communicating on behalf of technology and cybersecurity innovators and experts.
- Government agency experience or deep knowledge and understanding of government related operations.
Ready to start the conversation? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
RH Strategic is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We will not be able to respond to every submission. No calls, recruiters, or offers for contract work, please.