RH Strategic is seeking a public relations specialist to join its team in either Washington, D.C. or Seattle (hybrid work environment).
If you are an early career PR professional looking to work with innovators shaping the future of healthcare in a fast-paced, boutique PR agency, this role may be right for you. We are accepting applications from those who have a passion for public relations, a desire to drive change in healthcare and the skill to support with impactful content development and storytelling.
Our clients are Fortune 500 brands and well-funded start-ups with an exciting vision for the future. They are leaders in life sciences, health delivery, health tech, wellness, and more. Our team of more than 40 communications professionals connects these innovators with opportunities to showcase their thought leadership, build their brands, and advocate for their issues.
As a PR Specialist at RH Strategic, you will:
- Support day-to-day account work, including media list management and oversight, media strategy and outreach, tracking and reporting, event planning and campaign coordination.
- Monitor news cycles and propose ideas to insert clients into the narrative.
- Draft high-quality communications materials.
- Tell clients’ stories to target audiences in creative ways.
- Execute on results-driven PR strategies in partnership with account leads and teams.
- Cultivate relationships with healthcare reporters that lead to earned media opportunities.
- 2 years of PR experience (can include 3-6 months of PR agency internships).
- Ability to meet and or exceed deadlines.
- Understanding for how to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to communicate succinctly via email and over the phone with media targets in print, online, and broadcast mediums.
- Experience owning events, editorial calendar, speaking and awards programs.
- Ability to comprehend client’s business, issues and competitive environments, and contribute to storytelling opportunities.
- Ability to take feedback and apply it to future work. Should possess a natural curiosity and a desire to grow.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong spelling and grammar skills and understand AP Style.
- An appreciation for the healthcare industry and exposure some issues driving innovation in the space.
- Experience owning projects from concept to completion and regularly reporting into teams and account managers
- Exposure to client communication and some media counsel
- Experience in digital, paid, content, social, and analytics.
Ready to start the conversation? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RH Strategic is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We will not be able to respond to every submission. No calls, recruiters, or offers for contract work, please.