RH Strategic is seeking to expand its finance and HR team by hiring a Senior Finance and HR Associate to play a pivotal role in managing the company’s financial operations and supporting its HR functions.
The ideal candidate will have a background in accounting and financial management of professional service firms. This position requires a detail-oriented, analytical individual with strong communication and organizational skills, who can manage multiple responsibilities. The role is located out of our Washington, D.C. or Seattle, WA offices, and candidates will have the option of working on a hybrid basis.
Our clients are Fortune 500 brands and well-funded start-ups with an exciting vision for our future. They are innovators in technology, cybersecurity, telecommunications, life sciences, healthcare, energy, the environment and more. Our team of more than 40 communications pros connects these innovators with opportunities to showcase their thought leadership, build their brands and advocate for their issues.
The Senior Finance and HR Associate will be a member of the finance team, working with the director of finance on areas of responsibility including:
- Maintain and update client and vendor records and W9 forms.
- Prepare financial reports and analysis of client P&L and staff utilization.
- Annual 1099 form process and assistance with audit preparation.
- Liaise with firm Ownership, the Director of Finance and Company CPA.
- Assist Director of Finance with
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Account reconciliations
- Client billing and invoice filling, ensuring prompt and accurate invoicing
- Bank requirements, including reconciliations and reporting
- Monthly and weekly financial reports
- Manage cash flow and implement effective cash management strategies.
Human Resources Support:
- Assist with payroll administration, including processing and recordkeeping.
- Maintain employee records, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Support human resources, including payroll and benefits administration.
- Manage employee benefits programs, including selection, administration, and communication.
- Assistance with the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures in compliance with all appropriate jurisdictions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- 8-10 years of experience in accounting/finance, preferably within a similar industry or professional services firm.
- Strong business skills, organization and planning skills.
- Strong knowledge of financial systems, processes, and best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of accounting programs including QuickBooks and Concur.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Deductive reasoning skills and ability to analyze and synthesize information for problem solving.
- Amazing at managing multiple priorities. You have a system for meeting deadlines.
We are always looking for talented professionals, so feel free to send us your resume even if you don’t meet all our requirements.
- Experience working in a communications agency or client-facing environment.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) or Visio.
- Design and layout skills.
Salary: $80,000 – $110,000 annually.
This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. The Company may, in its discretion, also offer an annual bonus in an amount, if any, to be determined by the Company. Bonuses are not guaranteed.
For this role, the Company offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Insurance: 100% paid base premium for employee’s medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurances.
- Transportation Subsidy: $100 per month.
- Paid Time Off: 16 days of annual PTO, 12 firm holidays, 1 floating day off, and 1 paid day of service.
- Retirement Plan: 401(k) plan with automatic, fully vested match.
Employees in good standing are eligible to receive annual bonuses.
Ready to start the conversation? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
RH Strategic is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We will not be able to respond to every submission. No calls, recruiters, or offers for contract work, please.