RH Strategic is seeking a senior public affairs strategist to join its Washington, D.C. team.
This is a rewarding opportunity to lead media strategy for public affairs and public relations programs for a candidate that understands how to navigate a rapidly shifting technology policy landscape. Serious candidates will also have experience and success developing storylines, pitching media and proactively advising clients on communication strategies related to their public relations objectives.
RH Strategic is a well-established public relations agency with a robust and stellar client portfolio, and a 15-year brand presence with cybersecurity, privacy and cloud innovators. Our clients are Fortune 500 brands and well-funded start-ups with an exciting vision for our future. They are innovators in cybersecurity, telecommunications, healthcare, life sciences, and more. Our team of more than 40 communications pros nationwide connects these innovators with opportunities to showcase their thought leadership, build their brands, and advocate for their issues.
As Senior Public Affairs Strategist with RH Strategic, you will:
- Lead campaigns, public affairs and media strategy for award-winning tech clients and engaging PR/PA programs.
- Proactively advise clients on communications strategies related to their public affairs objectives.
- Provide strategic recommendations to clients and counsel to account teams.
- Build on RH Strategic’s exciting portfolio of tech innovators seeking a D.C. presence.
- 8-12 years of PR and/or public affairs engagement and strategy experience.
- Able to devise public relations strategy to support program objectives, confidently present to clients, and convert into campaign-level action.
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail for an agency setting with the ability to produce and/or provide strategy recommendations on public relations content including messaging, policy updates, OpEds, speeches, briefing documents; as well as media relations content including press releases and media pitches.
- Experience counseling clients on media strategy such as preparing for interviews, talking points, and responding to a crisis.
- Must have experience working in the PR agency setting.
- Experience communicating on behalf of technology innovators and experts.
- Experience coaching and mentoring teams.
- Exposure to managing and monitoring the health of projects within scope.
- Experience in digital, paid, content, social, analytics.
Ready to start the conversation? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
RH Strategic is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We will not be able to respond to every submission. No calls, recruiters, or offers for contract work, please.