RH Strategic is seeking a Vice President, Public Affairs & Public Sector to join our team in Washington, D.C. This is a rare opportunity to step into a leadership role with a well-established team, a robust and stellar client portfolio, and a 15-year established brand presence including premiere office space in The Washington Post building.
Our clients are Fortune 500 brands and well-funded start-ups with an exciting vision for our future. They are innovators in technology, cybersecurity, telecommunications, life sciences, healthcare, and more. Our team of 40 communications pros nationwide connects these innovators with opportunities to showcase their thought leadership, build their brands, and advocate for their issues.
As Vice President in our Washington, D.C. office, you will:
- Provide strategic counsel to account teams and clients
- Assure quality campaigns and deliverables
- Represent the firm to local clients, prospective clients, and candidates for hire
- Lead new business pitches
- Coach, mentor and develop rising staff
- Contribute to strategy and management as a member of the agency’s leadership team
- At least 10 years in the profession; of which at least 3 years are management-level
- Prior agency experience with demonstrable long term client relationships
- Meaningful understanding of public policy influencers, processes, decision-makers and news cycles
- Prior experience developing creative, effective media strategies and working with national, business and policy media
- Demonstrated success in building and leading teams
- Demonstrated success in pitching new business and upsells
- Ability to craft campaign strategy
- Comfort with managing scopes and budgets
- Experience in technology policy and/or public sector
- Experience working with top CEOs
- Strong network of contacts among trade associations and advocacy organizations
- Experience in digital, paid, content, social, analytics
- Success in creating and leading agency-wide business initiatives
Ready to start the conversation? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
RH Strategic is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We will not be able to respond to every submission. No calls, recruiters, or offers for contract work or extended car warranties, please.