Today’s healthcare industry gives new meaning to “market disruption.” As major tech companies pile into the space, and expectations shift thanks to consumer experiences with services like ridesharing, on-demand ordering, online reviews and fitness tracking, healthcare may soon look very different. Simply put, the way we receive, deliver, measure, and view care has fundamentally changed.
In the last 10 years, new legislation and innovations have altered the underlying business equation of the healthcare industry. Delivering quality care is more paramount than ever, and technological advances in areas like artificial intelligence/machine learning, telemedicine, care coordination and remote patient monitoring have allowed the industry to offer more personalized healthcare consumer experiences.
While innovation presents great promise, the industry is challenged to address continuously rising healthcare costs and a system that is often difficult for consumers to navigate. Reporters, analysts, influencers, investors and lawmakers are constantly hungry for fresh insights and innovative solutions to the industry’s many opportunities and challenges.
RH Strategic works to insert clients into the most important healthcare conversations. Our clients are inspired makers and doers with sharp-eyed visions of how to improve the system–and people’s lives. Most offer innovative technology; others are payers or providers just as determined to challenge the status quo. With our collective healthcare industry experience and strategic, solutions-based approach to public relations, we help them do just that. We get results that don’t just participate in the healthcare conversation–they lead it.
Sample Media Coverage
- Forbes: Diabetic CEO Builds His Business To Help Others Deal With The Disease
- Fast Company: 5 tips from a chiropractor to save your back while working from your couch
- The Seattle Times: Seattle area’s life-science sector is on the upswing, and it is scrambling to fill jobs
- MedCity News: The Healthcare Holy Grail: A health plan’s guide to succeeding with their value-based care strategy
- Fox News: Congress debates rules for receiving coronavirus benefits
- HIT Consultant: Why Government-Supported Health Plans Must Make Encounter Submissions A Top Priority in 2020
- Health IT Answers: Staying Ahead of CMS Policy Changes – One Solution At A Time
- Home Health Care News: Interim CEO on National Coronavirus Response: ‘Home Care Is the Answer’
- TechCrunch: Administration expands telemedicine for Medicare and encourages health plans to boost offerings
- Integrative Practitioner: Radical redesign of healthcare via whole health model
- Journal of Invasive Cardiology: New Research Finds Abbott’s Optical Coherence Tomography Imaging Changed Treatment Decisions in 88% of Artery Blockages
- Health Payer Intelligence: Telehealth Key to Payer COVID-19 Prevention, Diagnosis, Testing
- Crain’s New York Business: Pandemic highlights need for proactive health care, tech companies say
Related Healthcare Blog Posts
- Myth Busting in a Crisis
- What increased Healthcare Mergers and Acquisitions Mean for PR
- Three Healthcare Narratives Shaping the Conversation One Year into COVID
- Uplevel Your Communications Strategy: Key Insights into the Media Landscape in Healthcare
- How Healthcare Can Rebuild a Critical Asset
- Three Healthcare Policy Areas to Watch During the Biden Administration
- Healthcare Policy Influencers We’re Watching
- Is the Doctor Online? How COVID-19 Increased Telehealth Access.
- These Five IoT Trends Stand Poised to Change the Healthcare Industry.
- The Healthcare Industry is Consolidating – How to Rethink PR.
Healthcare Case Studies
Interim HealthCare Inc: Developing a Multipronged Public Relations Strategy
Interim HealthCare Inc., a leading national franchisor of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing, tasked RH Strategic with creating a public relations strategy that both highlighted national corporate initiatives and raised the profile of regional franchise owners.
Results: In one year, RH Strategic secured 68 pieces of earned media coverage in national top-tier and trade outlets, such as Modern Healthcare, Forbes and Home Health Care News, as well as hyperlocal outlets, such as The Columbus Dispatch, The Pueblo Chieftain and the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. The RH team engaged with and supported 10 individual franchise owners with a mixture of regional media outreach, byline placements and national trade interviews.
Edifecs: Building Prestige in Competitive Health IT Job Market
Edifecs, a leading healthcare technology company, partnered with RH Strategic to raise Edifecs’ profile as a top workplace and attract the best IT professionals in a hyper competitive job market. The RH team weaved the ideals of healthcare reform, specifically healthy working and living, into a PR campaign designed to secure Edifecs’ status as a leading company and employer that cares deeply about the health of its workforce.
Results: RH Strategic secured 11 pieces of unique coverage reaching an approximate audience of nine million readers and viewers. The team also nominated and won several workplace awards for Edifecs including the Silver Winner in the 2014 Best in Biz Awards’ Best Place to Work; GeekWire Awards “Geekiest Office” and Silver Winner of Seattle Business’ Community Impact Awards in the Sustainability in Business Operations category.
Carena: Increasing Brand Awareness and Reputation
Carena, a telehealth platform partner for health systems, hired RH Strategic to rapidly build the company’s brand and expand market share ahead of an anticipated acquisition.
Results: RH Strategic led a multi-pronged PR approach for Carena including momentum announcements, editorial content creation, a two-day DC influencer tour, comprehensive speaking and awards programs, promotion of Carena’s health system partners, policy tracking, and ongoing media relations and briefings. RH Strategic secured coverage in U.S. News, Becker’s Hospital Review, Modern Healthcare, Politico and Health IT News, amongst others.
What Our Clients Say
For over ten years, David Herman, John Raffetto and their team have been instrumental in the success of our Government, Healthcare and Education markets. Their expertise in out-of-the-box marketing and PR, and strategic planning are by far the best I’ve experienced. Without reservation I would highly recommend this team.
Dr. Pam Lloyd
Vice President, Corporate Strategy, GCI
In nearly 8 years of working with RH Strategic, they have always performed with creativity, quality and speed, resulting in frequent and meaningful media coverage. Each client gets senior level attention, coupled with subject matter expertise – a winning approach from strategy setting to tactical execution.
Chief Marketing Officer, SCI Solutions
RH Strategic does an excellent job of understanding my business objectives and media targets. They worked with me to stratify a tactical PR/media plan to help elevate my company’s voice in the healthcare space. Through our work together, we met this goal and positioned my company as a leader in healthcare.
Director of Integrated Marketing, Carena, Inc.