Today’s healthcare industry gives new meaning to “market disruption.” As major tech companies pile into the space, and expectations shift thanks to consumer experiences with services like ridesharing, on-demand ordering, online reviews and fitness tracking, healthcare may soon look very different. Simply put, the way we receive, deliver, measure, and view care has fundamentally changed.
In the last 10 years, new legislation and innovations have altered the underlying business equation of the healthcare industry. Delivering quality care is more paramount than ever, and technological advances in areas like artificial intelligence/machine learning, telemedicine, care coordination and remote patient monitoring have allowed the industry to offer more personalized healthcare consumer experiences.
While innovation presents great promise, the industry is challenged to address continuous rising healthcare costs and a system that is often difficult for consumers to navigate. Reporters, analysts, influencers, investors and lawmakers are constantly hungry for fresh insights and innovative solutions to the industry’s many opportunities and challenges.
RH Strategic works to insert clients into the most important healthcare conversations. Our clients are inspired makers and doers with sharp-eyed visions of how to improve the system–and people’s lives. Most offer innovative technology; others are payers or providers just as determined to challenge the status quo. With our collective healthcare industry experience and strategic, solutions-based approach to public relations, we help them do just that. We get results that don’t just participate in the healthcare conversation–they lead it.
Sample Media Coverage
- The Seattle Times: Seattle area’s life-science sector is on the upswing, and it is scrambling to fill jobs
- Home Health Care News: Thrive: How a West Coast Home Care Provider Rebounded After a Wildfire Disaster
- Becker’s Hospital Review: State of the payer market: the growing need for infrastructure and operations
- Forbes: The Interim HealthCare Franchise Program: Strengthened by Medicare
- Modern Healthcare: Hospice providers get high marks on CMS satisfaction surveys, but do they reflect reality?
- Health Data Management: Blue Cross Blue Shield Association supports members FHIR adoption
- HomeCare Magazine: Interim HealthCare’s Tom DiMarco Reflects on 35 years in home health
- Healthcare Dive: Small, medium payers show growing interest in provider sponsored plans
- Health Payer Intelligence: Health Payers Contend for Share of SMB Health Insurance Market
- Healthcare Finance News: Small and medium-sized health plans represent 83 percent of market
- Home Health Care News: Disrupt – Interim CEO Larry Kraska on Creating a VIP Experience for New Hires
Relevant Healthcare Blog Posts
- The Healthcare Industry is Consolidating – How to Rethink PR
- Healthcare Consumerism: What Marketers Should Know
- The Top 12 Healthcare IT Reporters You Need to Follow
- Get to Know the Disruptive Technology Called Blockchain
- Ten Healthcare Reform Journalists You Can’t Ignore
Healthcare Case Studies
Interim HealthCare Inc: Developing a Multipronged Public Relations Strategy
Interim HealthCare Inc., a leading national franchisor of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing, tasked RH Strategic with creating a public relations strategy that both highlighted national corporate initiatives and raised the profile of regional franchise owners.
Results: In one year, RH Strategic secured 68 pieces of earned media coverage in national top-tier and trade outlets, such as Modern Healthcare, Forbes and Home Health Care News, as well as hyperlocal outlets, such as The Columbus Dispatch, The Pueblo Chieftain and the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. The RH team engaged with and supported 10 individual franchise owners with a mixture of regional media outreach, byline placements and national trade interviews.
Edifecs: Building Prestige in Competitive Health IT Job Market
Edifecs, a leading healthcare technology company, partnered with RH Strategic to raise Edifecs’ profile as a top workplace and attract the best IT professionals in a hyper competitive job market. The RH team weaved the ideals of healthcare reform, specifically healthy working and living, into a PR campaign designed to secure Edifecs’ status as a leading company and employer that cares deeply about the health of its workforce.
Results: RH Strategic secured 11 pieces of unique coverage reaching an approximate audience of nine million readers and viewers. The team also nominated and won several workplace awards for Edifecs including the Silver Winner in the 2014 Best in Biz Awards’ Best Place to Work; GeekWire Awards “Geekiest Office” and Silver Winner of Seattle Business’ Community Impact Awards in the Sustainability in Business Operations category.
Carena: Increasing Brand Awareness and Reputation
Carena, a telehealth platform partner for health systems, hired RH Strategic to rapidly build the company’s brand and expand market share ahead of an anticipated acquisition.
Results: RH Strategic led a multi-pronged PR approach for Carena including momentum announcements, editorial content creation, a two-day DC influencer tour, comprehensive speaking and awards programs, promotion of Carena’s health system partners, policy tracking, and ongoing media relations and briefings. RH Strategic secured coverage in U.S. News, Becker’s Hospital Review, Modern Healthcare, Politico and Health IT News, amongst others.
What Our Clients Say