RH Strategic, a Seattle- and Washington, DC-based PR firm representing the next generation of leaders in technology, healthcare, security, and government is seeking a highly talented, agency-experienced PR pro to join its high performing team in the Seattle office.
The PR Associate role is an opportunity to take your PR agency career to the next level – adding account management, team leadership, and business development to the day-to-day role of the agency professional. The ideal candidate has 3-4 years of PR agency experience supporting campaigns on behalf of technology industry clients. Must be engaging with the media, masterful at identifying the right story for the right reporter, and have a proven track record of building media strategies that return high quality results for your clients.
• 3-4 years’ experience in a public relations agency (most recently as an Account Executive or Senior Account Executive).
• Deep knowledge of technology issues and trends, including the corresponding media landscape.
• Impeccable attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills. (We put this at the top because it is that important!)
• Ability to demonstrate experience, knowledge, creativity, campaigns, and measurement.
• Experience reporting to and working day-to-day with client contacts. Engaging, enthusiastic, and can establish good rapport with clients.
• Experience creating media relations strategies, shaping stories with media toward client themes and trends, can coach media through the client’s business resulting in story placement.
• Exceptional writing skills for an agency setting with the ability to produce creative pitches, media talking points, presentations, reports, speaking submissions, and award submissions.
• Effectively produce sophisticated writing assignments such as client memos, case studies, and strategy documents, etc.
• Excellent people skills – ability to work well in team settings; identify strengths, develop junior team members, and be seen as trusted team member.
• Ability to adapt “style and voice” to client documents reflective of client culture, industry, and use.
• Experience coaching clients and providing feedback and recommendations.
• Skill and results with a second mode of communications, such as graphic design, social media, digital, search, and events.
• Drive to exceed expectations of clients and of colleagues through hard work, creative thinking, and deep knowledge of industry subject matter.
• Ability to quickly and easily comprehend client’s business, issues and competitive environments, and translate them into agency plans and action.
At RH Strategic, we develop our talents together as a community. Find your true talents at RH, and let’s work together to grow your career. For more information, visit our website at www.rhstrategic.com
We will not be able to respond to every submission. No calls, recruiters, or offers for contract work, please. EOE.