RH Strategic, a Washington, DC- and Seattle-based PR firm representing the next generation of leaders in cybersecurity, technology, government and healthcare is seeking a talented, public relations senior associate to join its high performing team in the Washington, DC office.
Our ideal candidate has experience leading media strategy for public affairs programs and understands how to navigate a rapidly shifting technology policy landscape. We are looking for candidates who demonstrate advanced understanding of key D.C.-based media and legislative/regulatory issues. Serious candidates will also have experience and success proactively advising clients on communication strategies related to their public affairs objectives.
Qualified candidates will have at least four years of prior public affairs/public relations or D.C. media experience, including having worked on Capitol Hill. Candidates must have strong writing and project management skills and be able to hit the ground running in a team management and client-facing role.
- 4-6 years of public affairs/public relations or D.C. media experience
- Proactively tracks and flags new bills and legislative/regulatory updates relevant to clients
- Builds strategy and approach to public affairs activity, including Hill visits and public testimony support
- Demonstrates expertise of legislative language and analysis
- Must have exceptional writing skills for an agency setting with the ability to produce public affairs content including messaging policy updates, OpEds, speeches, as well as media relations content including press releases and media pitches
- Strong public affairs skills and contacts as well as the ability to showcase portfolio of experience, knowledge, and client campaigns
- Track record of strategizing and implementing successful strategic public affairs programs
- Quickly and easily comprehend clients’ business, issues and competitive environments and how particular public policies may impact their business
- Know technology – cybersecurity or enterprise/B2B
- Ability to serve as primary client contact for senior executives and liaise with outside vendors
- Solid team management and organizational skills; ability to drive results under tight deadlines and manage expectations
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and clients simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Excellent people skills – ability to work well in team settings; identify strengths, develop junior team members, and be seen as trusted team member
- Experience coaching clients and providing feedback and recommendations
- Drive to exceed expectations of clients and of colleagues through hard work, creative thinking, and deep knowledge of industry subject matter
At RH Strategic, we develop our talents together as a community. Find your true talents at RH, and let’s work together to grow your career. For more information, visit our website at www.rhstrategic.com
We will not be able to respond to every submission. No calls, recruiters, or offers for contract work, please. EOE.