RH Strategic, a Washington, D.C.- and Seattle-based PR firm representing the next generation of leaders in healthcare, technology, security, and government seeks a highly talented, healthcare PR pro to join its high performing Washington, D.C. team. Only candidates that can demonstrate 3-6 years of experience serving healthcare companies or health IT innovators and disruptors will be considered.
RH Strategic works in the middle of the rapid-fire healthcare conversation, with clients who are either leading it or soon will be, with our help. Most of our clients offer innovative technology; others are insurers or providers just as determined to challenge the status quo. With our years of healthcare industry experience and strategic, solutions-based approach to PR, we help them do just that. We get results that don’t just participate in the healthcare conversation–they lead it.
The PR Associate or Senior Associate in this role will support or be responsible for critical account management duties, leading teams in the execution of core program tactics and participating in media strategy and outreach. We are looking for a seasoned PR pro with deep knowledge of healthcare issues and trends related to health IT, consumerism in healthcare, wearables, value-based care and care delivery among others. Candidates must be able to exhibit success identifying the right stories for the right media, forming relationships and placing stories with reporters at top tier and healthcare industry outlets, and building media strategies that return high quality results for clients.
Candidates with 3-6 years of PR experience supporting campaigns on behalf of healthcare companies or clients qualify (some PR agency experience is required).
- 3-6 years of PR healthcare experience.
- Deep knowledge of healthcare and health IT issues and trends, including the corresponding media landscape.
- Impeccable attention to detail, project management, client management and organizational skills. (We put this at the top because it is that important!)
- Experience reporting to and working day-to-day with client contacts.
- Ability to work effectively with top-tier media in print, online, broadcast and social media.
- Experience preparing clients for media interviews and providing feedback.
- Exceptional writing skills for an agency setting with the ability to effectively tackle increasingly sophisticated writing assignments such as client memos, strategic press releases, case studies strategy documents and brochures.
- Excellent people skills – ability to work well in team settings; identify strengths, develop junior team members, and be seen as trusted team member.
- Experience coaching clients and providing feedback and recommendations.
- Ability to comprehend client’s business, issues and competitive environments, and translate them into agency plans and action.
At RH Strategic, we develop our talents together as a community. Find your true talents at RH, and let’s work together to grow your career. For more information, visit our website at www.rhstrategic.com
We will not be able to respond to every submission. No calls, recruiters, or offers for contract work, please. EOE.