RH Strategic, a Washington, DC- and Seattle-based PR firm representing the next generation of leaders in cybersecurity, technology, government and healthcare is seeking a talented, public affairs professional to join its high performing team in the Washington, DC office.
Our ideal candidate has experience supporting public affairs programs and understands how to navigate a rapidly shifting technology policy landscape. We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate an understanding of key legislative and regulatory updates that impact clients and contribute perspective to client policy communications strategy.
Qualified candidates will have at least four years of prior public affairs/government relations or consulting experience, including having worked on Capitol Hill. Candidates must have strong writing and project management skills, and be able to hit the ground running in a team management and client-facing role.
- 4-6 years of public affairs/government relations or consulting experience
- Demonstrates expertise of legislative language and analysis
- Proactively tracks and flags new bills and legislative/regulatory updates relevant to clients
- Executes and supports strategy of public affairs activity, including Hill visits and public testimony support
- Must have exceptional writing skills for an agency setting with the ability to produce public affairs content including messaging policy updates, OpEds, speeches, as well as media relations content including press releases and media pitches.
- Strong public affairs skills and contacts as well as the ability to showcase portfolio of experience, knowledge, and client campaigns
- Track record of planning and implementing successful strategic public affairs programs
- Quickly and easily comprehend clients’ business, issues and competitive environments and how particular public policies may impact their business
- Know technology – enterprise, public sector or consumer.
- Ability to serve as primary client contact for senior executives and liaise with outside vendors
- Solid project management and organizational skills; ability to deliver results under tight deadlines and manage expectations
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and clients simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Excellent people skills – ability to work well in team settings; identify strengths, develop junior team members, and be seen as trusted team member.
- Ability to adapt “style and voice” to client documents reflective of culture, industry, and use.
- Experience coaching clients and providing feedback and recommendations.
- Drive to exceed expectations of clients and of colleagues through hard work, creative thinking, and deep knowledge of industry subject matter.
- Ability to quickly and easily comprehend client’s business, issues and competitive environments, and translate them into agency plans and action.
At RH Strategic, we develop our talents together as a community. Find your true talents at RH, and let’s work together to grow your career. For more information, visit our website at www.rhstrategic.com
We will not be able to respond to every submission. No calls, recruiters, or offers for contract work, please. EOE.