In Washington, the rules of the game have changed. While media and events are still important in the world of public affairs, the reality is that thousands of influencers spend multiple hours a day on social media and consuming information on digital platforms. A comprehensive public affairs strategy in the modern era should not only include the traditional channels, but must also rely heavily on digital media.
At RH Strategic, we develop public affairs and government relations campaigns that deliver results. We have a team of Capitol Hill, public policy, and technology veterans who provide our clients with a strategic approach to telling your story and achieving your goals in today’s D.C.
We are a full-service firm driven by a relentless desire to get our clients the results they need to shape public policy, be recognized as a thought leader and stand out in a crowd. Our clients are game-changers in their fields and we’re helping them tell their stories to a policy-focused D.C. audience.
Case Study: Amplifying a Public Policy Brand
RH Strategic helped Intel Corp. take their policy communications to the next level through media relations, content development/placement, social media, and events.
In just nine months, Intel has been featured in more than 30 pieces of coverage on its main areas of interest – the key drivers of its next-generation business. Since RH began proposing content for the company’s policy handle, both followers and influence has increased significantly.
Read the full Intel case study.
Sample Public Affairs Results
- Think Tank Engagement: Partnered with McAfee and prominent think tank CSIS to promote two reports on the global impact on cybercrime (2014, 2018) and position McAfee as a thought leader at events launching the reports.
- IPO Support: Supported Tenable with D.C. media outreach and coordination surrounding their IPO announcement.
- Media Coverage: Placed an Op-Ed in the Washington Post for national defense data analytics firm Govini by Col. Terry Virts, advocating for the creation of a space force.
- Thought Leadership: Positioned Intel’s David Hoffman as an international thought leader on GDPR, data privacy and protection, by securing interviews and media coverage in top outlets, such as Reuters.
- Testimony: Wrote and prepared congressional testimony before the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Subcommittee on Communications and Technology for Tenable CEO Amit Yoran.
- Event Support: Coordinated and managed Intel’s Tech + Policy events, which are part of an ongoing discussion series on the policy issues critical to American innovation and economic growth.
Related Public Affairs Blog Posts
- RH Strategic Expands in DC, Making Bold Investments in Public Sector Growth
- Going Beyond the RFP – Using the Integrated Approach to Win in DC
- Three Tips to Compete for Airtime in the Government News
- The Value of a DC Influencer Tour
Case Study: Public Affairs Re-Launch
When the new McAfee launched, RH Strategic quickly started building visibility for the company’s new name, its policy positions and its advanced threat research.
These areas had previously been off-limits for the cybersecurity company, because of larger corporate interests. RH successfully placed the new McAfee in the D.C. spotlight by quickly issuing statements on national initiatives, connecting spokespeople with reporters, supporting congressional witness opportunities, and creating policy content. The campaign resulted in a tenfold increase in media coverage from the same time one year before.
Read the full McAfee case study.
Think Tank Engagement
We forge relationships with Think Tanks on behalf of our clients to insert them into the conversations on the topics and issues that matter most, position them as thought leaders in their fields, and access the latest issues, trends and research.