In Washington D.C. and in state capitals around the country, the rules of the public affairs game have changed.
Driving meaningful policy change requires more than just a lobbying team. Becoming a thought leader in the field and a trusted resource for policymakers means engagement beyond policymaker briefings. It means not only delivering a compelling message, but also standing out in the crowd using messaging, digital strategy, decisive delivery, and putting a compelling communications plan into action.
At RH Strategic, our clients are leading policy debates, testifying before Congress and state legislatures, participating in events alongside think tanks and administration officials and hosting discussions on the most pressing issues of the day with leaders in the field. Our team not only ensures that clients have the right message, but also works to make sure members of the media have visibility into these discussions and understand why the issues matter.
The RH team provides a strategic approach that delivers on those results and takes your messaging to the next level. We help you tell your story to the audience that matters most and achieve your goals in today’s policy landscape. We are a full-service firm driven by a relentless desire to get our clients the results they need to shape public policy, be recognized as a thought leader and stand out in a crowd.
Sample Public Sector PR Results
- Media Coverage:
- ABC News – Hotter-Than-Normal Temperatures are Predicated Through the Summer: How Cities Must Prepare
- Associated Press – ORG Range Announced Alongside Governor John Bel Edwards of Louisiana and Jen Easterly, Director of Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) to Strengthen the Future U.S. Cybersecurity Workforce
- Axios – Intel’s “Ohio One” Mega Chip Factory is Bigger Thank you Think
- Fox Business – Intel Investing $100M in Education to Bolster Semiconductor Manufacturing, Research
- Inside Cybersecurity – Tenable Finds Widespread Exposure to Log4j Vulnerability, Calls Remediation Efforts ‘an ongoing battle’
- NBC – DeWine, Intel Announce $50 Million in Statewide Education Initiatives
- Podcast – Building the Workforce of Tomorrow with K-12 Cybersecurity Education
- Politico Morning Tech – Intel, NSF Pony Up $150 Million for STEM Education
- Politico Pro Morning Defense – Not Doomed
- The Hill – Equilibrium/Sustainability — Achilles Heel of the Renewables Push
- The Record – CISA Expanding Cybersecurity Program Nationwide
- The Washington Post – As Temperatures Rise, This Research Could Help Cities Stay Cool
- Yahoo! – Sayari Awarded $7.8M Enterprise Trade Analytics Contract to Support U.S. Customs & Border Protection
- Think Tank Engagement: Partnered with Intel and prominent think tank Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) on a podcast to discuss the current state of semiconductor manufacturing.
- Awards: Supported our clients in consistently winning awards such as the Cyberscoop 50, The Hill’s Top Lobbyist, Information Technology Innovation Council Awards, and more.
- Thought Leadership: Positioned and amplified CYBER.ORG’s new Cyber Range, with CISA Director Jen Easterly and Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards, as the leading facility to train the next generation cyber workforce.
- Testimony: Wrote and prepared congressional testimony before the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Subcommittee on Communications and Technology for Tenable CEO Amit Yoran.
- Event Support: Intel’s Tech + Policy Series, Tenable on Tour, University of Arizona Space Series & Resilience Events, Lewis Burke Associates & WorldCom.
- Content Development: Blogs, Executive and C-Suite content, social profile building and management.
Related Blog Posts
- Three Healthcare Policy Areas to Watch During the Biden Administration
- Tech Policy with a Democratic President and Divided Congress: A PR Perspective
- How to Identify Policy Influencers in Washington
- Healthcare Policy Influencers We’re Watching
- Cybersecurity Policy Influencers We’re Watching
- RH Strategic Expands in DC, Making Bold Investments in Public Sector Growth
- Going Beyond the RFP – Using the Integrated Approach to Win in DC
- Three Tips to Compete for Airtime in the Government News
- The Value of a DC Influencer Tour
Case Study: Re-Shoring Chip Manufacturing
RH Strategic partnered with Intel to support passage of the CHIPS Act, featuring the company as a D.C. thought leader while helping policymakers understand the critical importance of reshoring.
As part of the campaign, RH Strategic led Intel’s historic announcement to build two new leading-edge chip factories in Ohio and bolster education initiatives to develop the future workforce of innovators. We partnered with Intel communications and government affairs teams to amplify the announcement to key policymakers and influencers to increase support for federal incentives for domestic semiconductor manufacturing in the United States.
- Secured policy-themed media interviews and live tweeted the White House event
- Supported development of Chief Government Affairs Officer op-ed and coordinated placement in Politico
- Prepared media content for Ohio higher education investment announcement
- Coordinated announcement among Ohio higher ed, policymakers, and NSF
- Secured media interviews to publicize the investments
- Developed social content for Intel channels and executives for announcements
Case Study: Creating a National Cyber Brand
Formerly known as The National Integrated Cyber Education Research Center (NICERC), DHS’s cybersecurity workforce development organization, selected RH Strategic to coordinate and announce a rebrand of CYBER.ORG and draw national attention to the need for K-12 cybersecurity education.
The RH team developed a strategic communications strategy, coupling the rebrand with a first-ever benchmark study, conducted in partnership with the EdWeek Research Center, on the state of K-12 cybersecurity education.
In collaboration with CYBER.ORG and our government affairs partners, the RH team introduced NICERC to major cybersecurity education thought leaders and secured widespread coverage. In the years since, CYBER.ORG has become the leading authority on K-12 cybersecurity education, its experts are regularly tapped by media and have testified before Congress.
Think Tank Engagement
We forge relationships with Think Tanks on behalf of our clients to insert them into the conversations on the topics and issues that matter most, position them as thought leaders in their fields, and access the latest issues, trends and research.