As RH Strategic’s Cybersecurity Practice Lead, Trish Rimo specializes in developing creative communications campaigns that help RH’s cybersecurity clients grow their business and raise brand awareness.
Trish leverages her extensive experience as a public affairs strategist and legislative consultant to advance the policies of her cybersecurity clients. Her creative thinking has enabled her clients to own news cycles and expand their thought leadership platforms.
A former college English professor, Trish parlayed her aptitude for analysis and critical thinking into a successful career in PR and public affairs. Prior to joining RH, she climbed the corporate ladder at SAIC, where she progressed from Executive Director to Corporate Vice President of Government Affairs in five years.
Samples of Trish’s achievements:
- Building a coalition of cybersecurity companies that successfully lobbied Congress to make vital security-related changes to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act while it was in conference.
- Leading the Washington office of Telcordia Technologies (then Bellcore), where she saved two lines of business by lobbying Congress on the Telecommunications Act.
- Securing an editorial board meeting with The Washington Post for the CEO of cybersecurity client McAfee, resulting in a next-day reference in an op-ed.
- Helping position a cybersecurity client as a leader in the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program by owning the news cycle when the first contracts were awarded.
- Building thought leadership platforms for clients and CEOs by securing media placements in and meetings with major national venues such as Politico, NPR, Bloomberg and Wall Street Journal.
I’m proudest of…
My ability to think holistically about a client’s business needs. I don’t just develop communications and public affairs campaigns; I consider high-level business strategies and help clients find new solutions to achieve their objectives.