Today, innovation is ingrained in the bloodstream of the healthcare industry. New digital health solutions, cybersecurity strategies and policies coming out of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) prove that the industry shows no signs of quieting down.
We work with innovative companies in health IT who are leading this disruption, so we closely follow journalists covering the industry. In 2017, we put together a list of the top health IT reporters with a finger on the pulse of healthcare innovation, but much has changed in the healthcare industry since then and many new reporters have risen to the top of the field. Below is our updated list of the top health IT reporters covering the industry today:
- Jessica Kim Cohen, Modern Healthcare, @JessicaKimCohen: Jessica is relatively new to Modern Healthcare (as of February 2019) and covers the latest in health technology. Her work has also appeared in the Chicago Reader and Chicago Health Magazine.
- Jonah Comstock, MobiHealthNews, @JonahComstock: Jonah is the editor of MobiHealthNews, a publication that identifies and contextualizes emerging trends in digital health.
- Joseph Goedert, Health Data Management: A veteran in health IT for 25 years, Joe takes the lead role in generating news for the trade publication’s website. He specializes in policy and regulation reporting. Check out his recent articles here.
- Jeff Lagasse, Healthcare Finance News, @jeff_e_lagasse: Jeff is Healthcare Finance News’ associate editor, where he focuses on health IT topics including telehealth, healthcare revenue cycle strategies, social determinants of health, among others.
- Heather Landi, FierceHealthIT, @HeatherLandi: Heather is the senior health IT editor for FierceHealthIT, where she leads the team that covers health IT and digital health trends.
- Mike Miliard, Healthcare IT News, @MikeMiliardHITN: Mike is the editor of Healthcare IT News, where he covers health information exchange, privacy and security, and other health IT topics. Mike also writes for the Cybersecurity Check Up Newsletter that comes out bi-weekly.
- Dan Munro, Forbes, @danmunro: Dan writes about the intersection of health innovation and policy. He started as a contributor for Forbes in 2011 and he’s well-known for his book “Casino Healthcare.”
- Andrea Park, Becker’s Hospital Review: Andrea is a writer for Becker’s Hospital Review, where she writes about the intersection of healthcare and innovation. Her work is often featured in Becker’s “Today’s Top 20 Health IT” articles.
- Fred Pennic, HIT Consultant: As the founder and editor for HIT Consultant, Fred covers health tech news tailored towards the physician, provider and executive perspective. Fred is a seasoned health IT strategist, bringing over 14 years of health IT experience. Follow the latest insight from Fred and HIT Consultant here.
- Rebecca Pifer, Healthcare Dive, @RebeccaMPifer: Rebecca is the associate editor for Healthcare Dive and primarily covers digital health trends and news. She is new to covering health IT.
- Elise Reuter, MedCity News, @EliseReuter: Elise is a new writer at MedCity News (joined in December 2019). Elise covers digital health, payers and health plans. Prior to MedCity News, Elise was a reporter at the San Diego Business Journal.
- Kelsey Waddill, HealthPayerIntelligence.com: As an editor at Xtelligent Media, Kelsey covers the latest news impacting the payer market, and she is specifically interested in executives’ perspective from payer organizations. Read her recent articles here.
Think we left someone off the list? Tweet us at @RHStrategic with the hashtag #RHetoricBlog.
RH Strategic is a Seattle and D.C.-based communications firm providing strategic public relations for innovators in the technology, public sector and healthcare markets.