The COVID-19 pandemic has undoubtedly accelerated a global shift to digital-first models for consumers and financial institutions alike. This has created a unique opportunity for financial technology companies (fintechs) to develop innovative technologies to meet this demand for change.
The global fintech market is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate of around 20% and to reach a market value of around $305 billion by 2025, but it remains to be seen how long COVID-19 will impact global economies and industries. Throughout the recovery, we will continue to rely on top fintech reporters to provide us with the latest breaking news and keen insights on what the future holds for the fintech industry. Below is our list of the leading fintech reporters covering the industry today.
Top 10 Fintech Reporters 2020
- Penny Crosman, American Banker, @pennycrosman: Crossman is the Executive Editor of Technology at American Banker. Prior to taking on this role, she was Editor in Chief of Bank Technology News and Technology Editor of American Banker. She has held senior editorial roles at Bank Systems & Technology, Wall Street & Technology, Intelligent Enterprise and Network Magazine, among other titles.
- Dan DeFrancisco, Business Insider, @dandefrancesco: DeFrancisco is a senior finance reporter that covers financial technology, market structure and cryptocurrency. Before joining Business Insider, Dan wrote about risk management in derivatives markets for Risk.net and fintech for WatersTechnology. Prior to that, he spent two years at The Journal News, a daily newspaper based in White Plains, N.Y.
- Anna Irrera, Reuters, @annairrera: Irrera covers the financial technology sector and technology related developments at some of the world’s largest financial institutions. In December 2018, she was appointed team leader for financial companies’ coverage in New York. She joined Reuters in 2016, having previously covered “fintech” for more than three years at Financial News, a Dow Jones newspaper in London, where she played a key role in the publication’s expanded fintech coverage.
- Jeff Kauflin, Forbes, @JeffKauflin: Kauflin focuses on fintech, cryptocurrencies, blockchain and investing. Before Forbes, he worked for ten years in marketing consulting in roles ranging from client consulting to talent management.
- Nathaniel Popper, New York Times, @nathanielpopper: Popper covers the intersection of finance and technology. He is the author of Digital Gold: Bitcoin and the Inside Story of the Misfits and Millionaires Trying to Reinvent Money(HarperCollins, May 2015).
Before joining The Times, he worked at the Los Angeles Times and the Forward.
- Jeff Roberts, Fortune, @jeffjohnroberts: Roberts writes about IP, blockchain and cybersecurity. He is also a lawyer and co-founder of The Ledger, a new Fortune franchise dedicated to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Peter Rudegeair, Wall Street Journal, @rudegeair: Rudegeair covers digital banking, lending & payments. He is currently a reporter covering Wall Street and banking for Reuters, where he had also served as an editorial research assistant. Before that, he served as a research associate for the Council on Foreign Relations and a financial reporter for Need to Know News.
- Hugh Son, CNBC, @Hugh_Son: Son covers the conversion of banks and tech. Previously, he reported for ten years at Bloomberg Business.
- Rick Morgan, Bank Innovation, @RickAnselMorgan: Morgan is the financial technology reporter at Bank Innovation. Prior to that, he was an assignment editor on the breaking news desk at CBS4/FOX59 in Indianapolis. He has also written for CNBC and Vice.
- Matt White, Finextra, @FinextraMat: White is North America editor at Finextra and has been covering fintech for the past 14 years.
Are you looking for a public relations partner that understands the financial technology market and can earn impactful results that support your business goals? Learn more about our fintech expertise.
RH Strategic is a Seattle and D.C.-based communications firm with a nationwide presence and additional global reach via membership in the Worldcom Public Relations Group. We provide strategic public relations for innovators in the technology, government and healthcare markets.